Attention Elementary Students (Grades 4th, 5th and 6th)!
Covington Electric Cooperative needs your help to make our company Christmas cards this year. We’re asking all interested fourth, fifth and sixth graders who live on our lines (or attend schools served by CEC) to submit a design.
The winning design will be reproduced as a greeting card and mailed to hundreds of individuals and businesses throughout our region and the nation. It will also be featured on the December cover of Alabama Living magazine.
Judges will select a winning design, a first-runner up and second-runner up. These students will win cash prizes of $75 (winner), $50 (first-runner up) and $25 (second-runner up). The winner and runner-ups will have their photos taken with their designs to be featured in Alabama Living.
Entry forms are available online now by clicking Christmas Art Contest Sheet 2019. Printed forms will be available in the offices at schools served by CEC and at all CEC offices beginning in September. Entry forms can also be emailed or mailed upon request by contacting Patty S. Seay at 1-800-239-4121 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Drawings must be on an official entry form and submitted at the main CEC office in Sanford no later than Monday, Oct. 11.
- Students must use the official CEC Christmas art entry sheet.
- The are can be horizontal or vertical, but you must stay within the dotted lines.
- Only use crayons or colored pencils. NO markers.
- Any words in the drawing must be spelled correctly.
- One entry per student. Student must be in fourth, fifth or sixth grades.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Contact information must be written on entry form.
- Entries must be submitted at CEC’s main office located at 18836 US Hwy 84, Andalusia, AL 36421, no later than Oct. 11.
Last year’s Christmas Art Contest winners are shown below.
Kylee Brown of Straughn Elementary – Abby Presley of Fleeta School – Chloe Navarre of Brantley School