Contest is open to grades 4th, 5th and 6th
Each year, Covington Electric Cooperative asks all interested fourth, fifth and sixth graders who live on our lines (or attend schools served by CEC) to submit a design for the Christmas Art Contest.
The first place design is reproduced as a greeting card and mailed to hundreds of individuals and businesses throughout our region and the nation. It’s also featured on the December cover of Alabama Living magazine.
Judges select a winning entries for first place, second place and third place. These students win cash prizes of $75 (first), $50 (second) and $25 (third). The winners have their photos taken with their designs to be featured in Alabama Living.
Entry forms are available online each fall. Printed forms are available in the offices at schools served by CEC and at all CEC offices by mid September. Entry forms can also be emailed or mailed upon request by contacting Patty S. Seay at 1-800-239-4121 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Drawings must be on an official entry form and submitted at the main CEC office in Sanford no later than the stated deadline.
- Students must use the official CEC Christmas art entry sheet.
- The art can be horizontal or vertical, but you must stay within the dotted lines.
- Only use crayons or colored pencils. NO markers.
- Any words in the drawing must be spelled correctly.
- One entry per student. Student must be in fourth, fifth or sixth grades.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Contact information must be written on entry form.
- Entries must be submitted at CEC’s main office located at 18836 US Hwy 84, Andalusia, AL 36421, no later than the stated deadline each year.
The 2019 Christmas Art Contest winners are shown below.
1st Place Chloe Bass (Home School Student) 2nd Place Katherine Townsend of Straughn Elementary 3rd Place Jesus Flores of Kinston School